Agreement between user and HearingLife
1. “HearingLife” means New Zealand Audiology Limited. Trading as HearingLife New Zealand a company, registered in New Zealand (Company Number 3627871).
We may request, in order for you to use certain areas of this Website, that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address or with a user or member name which you select. In the event that your use of or participation in any portion of this Website requires that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address, you agree that: You shall not: (i) select or use a user or member name or email address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use, without authorisation, a user or member name or email address which belongs to anyone other than you or which is subject to the rights of any person other than you; (iii) use a user or member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a user or member name that HearingLife, in its sole discretion, deems offensive; and You shall take any and all actions necessary to maintain the privacy of your password.
Agreement not transferable
Use of bulletin boards, chatrooms, and other communication forums
2. You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise make available any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right on this Website, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right rests on you. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting, or submission.
3. You agree not to upload files to this Website that contain viruses, corrupted files, or other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person’s computers, software, websites, or network. You will be solely responsible for damages arising from any claims that files posted by you caused damage to the operation of another person’s computer, software, websites, or network
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
1. Use at own risk. You agree that use of this website is at your own risk. HearingLife does not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of this website or as to the accuracy, reliability or contents of any information provided through this website.
2. Warranty disclaimer. The contents of this website are provided by HearingLife as a service. This website does not contain all information that may be relevant to hearing loss issues in general or to your or any other individual’s situation in particular. All contents provided on this website are only general information regarding hearing loss issues and are intended only to facilitate communication between you and your hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. Contents provided on this website are not intended as and cannot provide either a diagnosis of a specific problem or condition or a specific recommendation of the appropriate treatment. Contents provided on this website should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional hearing care or other care. All specific questions you may have about your hearing loss condition, treatment, care or diagnosis should be presented to your own professional hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. HearingLife is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your reliance on or your use or misuse of any information presented or contained on this website.
Except if expressed and unambiguously stated otherwise, HearingLife does not in any way endorse, operate, control or assume responsibility for any information regarding any services offered or provided by any third party, which or who may be listed on or linked to this website including any hearing care center or service provider, which or who may be listed on or linked to this website. This website may include contents provided by third parties and users. For any and all such contents, HearingLife is a distributor and not a publisher. HearingLife has no more editorial control over such contents than does a public library or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties (including hearing care centers and other professional hearing care service providers and other merchants and licensors) are those of the respective authors or distributors of such contents and not of HearingLife. HearingLife makes no warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, currency, or reliability of information published by HearingLife on this website.
When using this website information will be transmitted over a medium, which is beyond HearingLife’s control and jurisdiction. Accordingly, HearingLife assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of this website. HearingLife expressly disclaims any warranty that the services or contents provided by or on this website will be uninterrupted as to the results obtained from use of the services or contents. The services and contents are distributed on an “as is, as available” basis, and HearingLife makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
By using this website you acknowledge that your use of this website is at your own risk, that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated with your use of this website, including without limitation responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this website.
4. Linked websites. HearingLife does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered by a third party through this website and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and any third-party provider or products or services.
Links to third-party sites
This Website may contain links to other web sites operated by parties other than HearingLife. Such links are provided for your reference only. HearingLife is not responsible for the availability of these external sites nor is it responsible for any of the content, advertising, products, or other materials on such external sites. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective web site operator.
Copyright and limitations on use
1.The Content made available through this Website by HearingLife is the property of HearingLife and/or HearingLife’s licensors and is protected by copyright and other applicable laws. HearingLife reserves all rights. Information received through this Website may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal and non-commercial use only if you include the following copyright notice: “Copyright New Zealand Audiology Limited. All rights reserved.” and any and all other copyright and proprietary rights notices which were contained in the Content. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate the information received through this Website to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organisation, without the express prior written consent of HearingLife.
4. You expressly grant to HearingLife the royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and sublicense any message posted in, on, or through this Website (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
“HearingLife” is a trademark of New Zealand Audiology. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on this Website are the property of their respective owners, including, in some instances, HearingLife. Reproduction, in whole or in part, is prohibited without express prior written permission.
You agree that any link from a website that you own, control, or author in part or in full, to this Website shall be exclusively to www.hearinglife.co.nz and to no other web page within this Website. You agree that you shall make no link from a website that you own, control, or author in part or in full, if that website contains any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, reflects negatively on HearingLife, or is otherwise objectionable, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.