TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences on 14/11/2018 and final entries close at 5:05pm local time on 17/12/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
4. To be eligible to enter, individuals must first book any appointment at a participating HearingLife clinic in New Zealand during the Promotional Period. The entrant must then, by 11:59pm local time on 17/12/2018 complete their entry online at www.hearinglife.co.nz/christmas by providing the requested personal information and telling us “how many hearing aids are in the jar” based on the image(s) and other information provided. The appointment must be booked by 5:05pm local time on 17/12/2018 and scheduled to be attended no later than 31/01/2019. Appointments can be booked over the phone, in person at a HearingLife clinic or making an appointment online using our booking website. The booking website for HearingLife clinic can be found at http://hearinglife.co.nz/book-an-appointment/. Bookings that are made and then cancelled during the Promotional Period will be excluded from entry.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person. For clarity, regardless of how many appointments a person books during the Promotional Period, each person is only eligible to receive one (1) entry for booking an eligible appointment at a HearingLife clinic. If an entrant makes multiple bookings at multiple HearingLife clinics, only the entrant’s first booking will be deemed valid for the purposes of this promotion.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. A winner for each HearingLife clinic will be determined on 18/12/2018 at 3.00pm local time. Attempts to notify the winner by phone, at the contact telephone number provided at time of making appointment booking, will be made up until 12.00pm on 20/12/2018 If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner prior to 12.00pm on 20/12/2018, the prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. The promoter, may at its discretion, award the prize to the winner if contact is subsequently made after this date.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
11. The prize(s) consists of Christmas Hamper valued at $200 for each HearingLife Clinic, subject to there being a tie or tie at a particular clinic(s) in which case additional hampers will be awarded. The winner for each HearingLife clinic will be the entrant whose answer is the closest to the number of hearing aids in the jar. In the event of a tie at a particular clinic or clinic, all of the tied entrants will receive the Christmas Hamper prize.
12. In the event that a HearingLife clinic relocates to another location during the Promotional Period, all entries for that clinic will be transferred to the new clinic. In the event that a HearingLife clinic is only open for part of the Promotional Period, a prize will still be awarded for that clinic.
13. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
14. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
15. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in our sole discretion, modify or suspend the Promotion.
16. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
17. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, HearingLife and their employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage or injury by or to any person whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize. Without limiting the previous sentence, the Promoter is not responsible for any late, misdirected or incorrectly completed entries, or any technical malfunction, delay or loss of data that occurs in the course of the administration of the Promotion, however caused.
18. Personal information is being collected in order to administer the promotion. By participating in the promotion, the entrant acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the entrant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the entrant in the future with information on special offers or to provide the entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel which the entrant has provided their details for. The Promoter may share information with the Promoter Parties (being related entities, contractors, agents and suppliers) who may also contact the entrant with special offers in this way. By entering the promotion, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use the entrant’s personal information in the manner set out in these Terms & Conditions. Entry is condition on the provision of the requested information.
19. This Promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all issues and disputes that may arise in relation to this Promotion or terms and conditions.
20. The Promoter is New Zealand Audiology t/a HearingLife.